Security. Flexibility. Control.
Working in conjunction with a High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP), a Health Savings
Account (HSA) allows you to pay for current health expenses and save for future
qualified medical and retiree health expenses on a tax-free basis. Unlike most health
insurance plans, there is no "use it or lose it" clause associated with an HSA.
At the end of the year, any unused balance in your account will be carried over
to the following year, allowing you to build the fund to cover future medical expenses.
Establishing an account is easy, and you'll immediately notice the difference in
convenience and affordability.
HSA Eligibility and Enrollment
- Easy payments. Carry the convenient HSA Visa Check Card with you to pay all
your qualified medical expenses. You can also use INTRUST HSA checks to pay the
- 24-hour access. Access your account any time with INTRUST OnLine Banking or by calling Customer Service.
- Tax-free contributions. All contributions to your HSA are tax-free up to
the allowable limit.
- Tax-free withdrawals. With an HSA, your withdrawals for qualified medical
expenses are never taxed.
- It's easy to contribute. Utilize direct deposit, online transfers, credit
cards or make your deposits in person.
- More choice. Choose your doctor and pharmacy, using your account to pay for
all related qualified medical expenses.
- Security for the future. Because your HSA is yours alone, you can keep the
account with you if you change jobs or retire. Plus, any money you don't spend remains
in the account at the end of the year.
To determine your eligibility for an HSA, your answers must match all of the following
|1. Are you covered by a High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP)?
|2. Are you covered by a second health insurance policy?
|3. Are you enrolled in Medicare?
|4. Are you listed as a dependent on any other income tax return?
|5. Are you a legal U.S. resident?
If you meet these criteria, we invite you to apply now.
Truth in Savings Disclosure for Health Savings Accounts
Upon completing the online application, an information packet including your completed application will be
mailed to the address you listed. Please review and sign the application and additional forms and return
the packet to INTRUST in the included envelope. If you are opening your first account with INTRUST,
additional items will also be requested. You will receive full details on these items after completing
the online application.
For more information about Health Savings Accounts, contact Customer Service
If your company offers its employees a High Deductible Health Plan and you're interested
in complementing the Plan with a Health Savings Account, contact Customer Service