Protect yourself from fraud.
Whenever providing personal information online – such as when completing an application or shopping – it's important that you take steps to maximize your safety in today's online environment.
- Look for a closed padlock in the lower right-hand corner of your web browser or "https" in your web browser address to indicate your Internet connection is secure, preventing anyone other than the intended target from accessing your information as it travels over the internet.
- Use a firewall program, which acts like a security guard for your computer/network, permitting the right kind of traffic to pass through and preventing the wrong kind of traffic from passing through.Use up-to-date anti-virus software to scan for and remove viruses from your computer.
- Always log off to end your online session.Turn off automatic login features that save your user name and password.
Keep your personal numbers secure.
- If you're an online banking customer, we recommend that you regularly change your login password.
- Place passwords on your credit card and bank accounts and avoid using anything identifying that a thief could discover. Verified by Visa enables you to create a personal password to ensure that only you can use your INTRUST Visa card to buy online.
Keep an eye open for suspicious fraudulent e-mails.
Even from companies you know or do business with, be extremely suspicious of any e-mail that:
- Asks you to confirm, update or provide sensitive information
- Urges you to respond immediately
- Uses pop-up windows to collect sensitive information
- Contains typographical or grammatical errors
Be cautious about what information you share.
Do not provide account numbers, Social Security Numbers or bank account details over the internet unless you initiated the contact and your connection is secure. If you receive emails that request identifying or financial information, do not respond to them – delete them. Legitimate companies, including INTRUST, will never request identifying information from you via email This includes your Social Security Number, account numbers, credit card numbers, PINs and passwords. Similarly, INTRUST will never call to ask you for the same identifying information .