YOUR ABILITY TO WITHDRAW FUNDS FROM YOUR DEPOSIT ACCOUNT
It is the policy of Intrust Bank to make funds from your deposits available to you on the next business day after the day we receive your deposit. Electronic direct deposits will be available on the day we receive the deposit. Once they are available, you can withdraw the funds in cash, and we will use the funds to pay checks that you have written.
For determining the availability of your deposits, every day is a business day, except Saturdays, Sundays, and federal holidays. If you make a deposit at any of our banking locations before its close, that day will be considered the day of your deposit. If you make a deposit in an ATM, we will consider the deposit made on that day unless it is after 6:00 p.m. central time. If you make a deposit through Mobile Check Deposit, we will consider the deposit made on that day unless it is after 6:00 p.m. central time. If you make an internal electronic transfer through our Internet Banking Sites or app-based services, we will consider the transfer made on that day unless it is after 10:00 p.m. central time. Customers of a particular geographic area, or of a particular branch, may receive faster availability than that reflected in this disclosure.
Longer Delays May Apply
In some cases, we will not make all of the funds that you deposit by check available to you on the next business day after the day of your deposit.
If your deposit is not made directly to one of our employees, or if we decide to take this action after you have left the premises, we will mail you the notice by the day after we receive your deposit. If you will need the funds from a deposit right away, you should ask us when the funds will be available. Funds you deposit by check may be delayed under the following circumstances:
- We believe a check you deposit will not be paid.
- You deposit checks totaling more than $5,525 on any one day.
- You redeposit a check that has been returned unpaid.
- You have overdrawn your account repeatedly in the last six months.
- There is an emergency, such as failure of communications or computer equipment.
We will Notify you if we delay your ability to withdraw funds for any of these reasons, and we will tell you when the funds will be available. They will generally be available no later than the seventh business day after the day of your deposit.
Special Rules for New Accounts
If you are a new customer, the following special rules may apply during the first thirty (30) days your account is open:
- Funds from electronic direct deposits to your account will be available on the day we receive the deposit. Funds from deposits of cash, wire transfers, and the first $5,525 of a day’s total deposits of cashier’s, certified, teller’s, traveler’s, and federal, state and local government checks will be available on the first business day after the day of your deposit if the deposit meets certain conditions. For example, the checks must be payable to you (and you may have to use a special deposit slip). The excess over $5,525 will be available on the ninth business day after the day of your deposit. If your deposit of these checks (other than a U.S. Treasury check) is not made in person to one of our employees, the first $5,525 will not be available until the second business day after the day of your deposit.
- Funds from all other check deposits will be available on the seventh business day after the day of your deposit.