Put your extra cash to work by sweeping excess funds to and from an investment or line of credit.
With the INTRUST automated sweep system, your daily cash needs are determined based on total debits and credits posting to the account. You no longer have to worry about determining daily cash needs and meeting a target balance.
Two options for optimizing your cash flow.
Sweep extra cash in to an investment account or line of credit, or combine the two for a fully automated investment/borrowing solution.
Sweep to and from an Investment Account
- Excess funds are placed in our overnight repurchase agreement for short-term investments.
- Invested funds earn competitive rates.
- You receive daily confirmations of your balance and securities.
- Your monthly account statement will include a summary of daily activity, balance and investment rate summaries.
Sweep to and from a Line of Credit
- Receive access to advanced funds automatically, when needed.
- Reduce the cost of borrowing. INTRUST applies excess cash to your line of credit before sweeping funds to an investment account.
- Receive daily notices of account activity and balance.
- Your monthly account statement includes a summary of activity and balance.
How does automated sweep work?
|Sweep Method||If, at the end of the day, your checking account collected balance is lower than the target:||If, at the end of the day, your checking account collected balance is higher than the target:||Sweep may be right for your business if:|
|Sweep to and from an Investment Account…||…will not sweep to the overnight repurchase agreement||…will transfer any excess balance to the overnight repurchase agreement||You want to earn interest on idle funds|
|Sweep to and from a Line of Credit…||…will automatically advance from the line of credit to bring the balance up to the target||…will automatically pay down on the line of credit as much as possible||You have an active line of credit with INTRUST Bank and are looking to reduce interest expense by maximizing excess funds|
|Combination Sweep…||…will advance on the line of credit to bring the balance up to target||…will pay down on the line of credit first. If there are enough funds left over after the line balance is brought to zero, it will sweep to the overnight repurchase agreement||You want full automation of investment/borrowing solutions|
Each of our customers has specific needs for their short-term investments. For sweep customers, we will invest your short-term funds in our overnight repurchase agreement investment vehicle. Minimum investment required. This investment is not covered by FDIC insurance.