An overdraft occurs when you don't have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. Learn about your options for situations where you find you do not have sufficient funds to cover a transaction.
Overdraft protection is not available for INTRUST Safeguard Spending® accounts.
Potential overdrafts can be handled in various ways
Overdraft Protection Service
Automatically transfer funds from another one of your INTRUST accounts.
Eliminate any worry about overdrafts and multiple fees by transferring funds to your checking account from any of the following account types: INTRUST Savings, Money Market, or Other Checking Account. Funds are withdrawn from your savings, money market, or other checking account as needed. To designate an account for overdraft protection, contact customer service.
View our Overdraft Protection Service Terms for Using Your Savings, Money Market, or Checking Account
INTRUST may authorize and pay overdrafts to help temporarily cover unexpected expenses or record keeping errors.
On the occasion you find yourself a little short in your account, INTRUST Bounce Blocker1 can save you the cost and inconvenience of returned checks or declined transactions.
If you are handling your account in a responsible manner, we may consider, at our discretion, providing Bounce Blocker on your account and paying items that overdraw your account instead of declining them.2 INTRUST Bounce Blocker may be activated when your account is overdrawn by writing a check; making an in-person withdrawal or an automated payment; or other transaction.2,3
If we have previously paid one of your items into overdraft, we cannot guarantee that we will pay future items into overdraft.4
If you enroll in the overdraft protection service, INTRUST Bounce Blocker will be secondary to this service.
Opt in or out of Standard Overdraft Services
If we do not receive your consent, your debit card will likely be declined if the debit or ATM transaction will overdraw your account.
Ways to Avoid Overdrafts
The easiest way to avoid overdrafts is to be cautious and not spend more than you have available in your account. Here are a few ways to help keep your account balance in check.
- Monitor your account activity with INTRUST Personal Online and Mobile Banking. You can access your account 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for a comprehensive view of your account activity.5
- Use online banking to set up email and text alerts for when your account has reached a set minimum balance threshold.
- Keep track of fees or interest that may be applied to your account by reviewing your statement each month.
Frequently Asked Questions
Automatic bill payments made through the debit card will likely be declined if you have not agreed to pay a fee to have ATM and debit card overdrafts paid.
- You may decline Bounce Blocker by visiting any INTRUST Bank location or by calling customer service.
- If you do not have sufficient funds available in your account to authorize or pay for a transaction and Bounce Blocker funds are used, the funds will automatically be advanced and you will automatically be charged an overdraft fee. You will not receive prior notice of the advancement of funds, the overdraft of your account, or the charging of the overdraft fee(s).
- Your account will be charged a per-item overdraft fee of $25. This fee of $25 for ATM and one-time debit card transactions will only be charged on your consumer account, if you have agreed to such fees. Multiple fees may apply. Fees are included in the daily account limit. Bounce Blocker is not available to be used on all types of transactions.
- Transactions will not be processed in the order in which they occurred. Order of processing will affect the total amount of overdraft fees. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions for Your Deposit Accounts (Deposit Agreement) for additional information on processing. You agree to pay us the amount of any overdraft, including fees, immediately.
- Transactions appearing on Online Banking or Mobile Banking will not be in order in which they will be processed. Transactions will not be processed in the order in which they occurred. Your account balance may not reflect unprocessed ATM and debit card transactions, checks you have issued but have not reached the bank or any additional purchases or transactions which you have made but have not reached the bank. A portion of your balance may not be available for immediate withdrawal. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions for Your Deposit Accounts (Deposit Agreement) for additional information on processing. Order of processing will affect the total amount of overdraft fees. You agree to pay us the amount of any overdraft, including fees, immediately.